Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Friends forever..

We often listen to people say that he/she is my best friend and we will be friends forever. Do you really think that in this mean world it is easy to find someone who will be with you in all your sorrows and happiness. Someone whose advice you will always listen to, someone who will always think best for you, someone who will always be there for you, someone who can make you laugh when you crying, someone who knows you more than yourself. And even if you find such a person what are the chances that you will not lose them?


Believe me if chances of finding such a person is X% then chances of losing him due to a silly act of yours is much greater than X%. Your best buddy is your most precious asset, and it comes with the tag “handle with care”. There are always small things which we should try to keep in mind while handling such a friend. And I am talking like this because I had different best friends in my life till class 10th.Maybe, till then I never knew who is a best friend. But now I think all those friends were not even close to what I feel best friend should be like. Friendship strives on two important pillars trust and truth.


You always bank on him/her to be on your side, you trust on him/her so much some times that when they don’t favor you, you get hurt and in that very moment you may even hurt your best friend with verbal attack. Now is that an act of selfishness? Should you be selfish in friendship? I don’t think that it is selfishness; it is only that sometime you believe in him/her more than you believe in yourself and when that belief/trust is shattered rather unknowingly by the other person or at least you believe that it has been shattered, it leads to sad consequences. One should not lose composure when such a thing happens it’s always better to convey your feelings in a polite way to your best buddy, talk to them, let them know what you feel and they will surely understand your point of view. “Why fight when you can talk.”


Truthfulness is the most important aspect of friendship. Friendship can survive on truth and truth alone if you are hiding something from you mate it means you are not loyal to them. One should not be secretive to his/her buddy but should think of buddy as the secret keeper. After all your secrets will remain so even if you are sharing them with him/her. One should remember the age old saying that happiness increases and sorrow decreases by sharing.


I personally think it’s not easy to find such a person. And I have two such persons in my life. I found them a bit late in my short life but still no regrets because wait was worth. May be due to that wait I know the importance of these two persons in my life. And it was only after I found them that I realized what I was missing in my life till then. I can be me with both of them; they know my weaknesses and always try to help me out whenever I am down and out. And the thing I love is that they know I am really selfish :D as I can’t even think of losing them to anyone else as best buddies ;). So this is for you two and I believe you both will know when you will read this. We will be friends forever, come what may I will always be there for you and will do anything to keep you in good spirits and smiling. HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY to both of you.


God bless you.

10 comments:

Rahil said...

You are really lucky to have two such expensive jewels..god bless your friendship !!

Sukriti said...

really a beautiful post...i agree with each and every word of it...very beautifully you have given words to a very important relationship of friendship, a relation which is like mirror which reflects your true colors and helps you to fly and touch the skies...in front of whom you can be you...

God Bless Ur best buddies and U...hope they will be always there for you when you need them :)

Akshat Vaid said...

Nice one.. straight and simple and equally true...an invaluable learning for anyone and everyone....what goes around comes around, so just be there for them and so will they be for you..Happy friendship day to you too.. :)

Anonymous said...

nice one there

Jaunty anima said...

Ahh...nice one!!!!

Confused_Soul said...

@ rahil : thanks for the wishes

@sukriti : i no they will always be there when i will need them..

@akshat : i will be there..but m more humane than devine...m kind of possessive for my best friends ;)

@anonymous : it would have been great if i could know your identity

@jaunty : thanks don :P

Dhruv said...

Best friends, very sweet!
Looking at the other end of the spectrum, I reckon almost everyone must have had a species of friends classified as "useless" friends.
Symptoms of a useless friend:

Perhaps its the friend who is generally so late to every get-together that he/she is never a part of it. Or the friend who is always forgetting times and dates, so you end up having to remind them. The friend who makes a ruckus at every gathering or is a perpetual spoilsport in every gathering.The friend who says No at the very last minute.

The question is: What so we do with these friends? Or as the saying goes, "with friends like these who needs enemies??"

swati said...

no...its not at all easy 2 find such frnds in 2day's world....its d herculean task eva 2 find a soul wid whom u can b urself,a prsn who knows u in n out n still values u so much dat lyf luks meaningless w/o him/her....frnzz r the only species on the earth wid whom u can laugh w/o ny reason,drop tears knowing they'll b handled wid "utmost affection",share ur secrets yet feeling they'll be "kept secret" n talkin incessantly fr hours still feeling u ve so many things more 2 discuss....

bu'fully written.....n god bless everyone's frnship....

Confused_Soul said...

@dhruv : sir thats an interesting topic "useless" friends, will surely rite about them too in detail ;)

@swati : thanks for ur comments :)

Anonymous said...

aww :) friends...friends are simply the best.