Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A fit of depression

“hazaaron khwahishen aisi ke har khwahish pe dum nikle
bahot nikle mere armaan, lekin phir bhi kam nikle”
(Thousands of desires, each worth dying for...many of them I have realized...yet I yearn for more)

Its not that I am not getting anything, but thing is that I am getting what I don’t want and not getting what I want leading to yearning for the things I want and frustrated with the things I have. Yeah!! My mind is confused like the previous line. It’s simple to say not to be frustrated with what you can’t change but difficult to execute. No one can be in situation in which I am and no one other than me is the reason for all this, but now I can’t do anything and its not in my hand anymore but I really don’t know In whose hands is all this?

I have been listening to this ghazal of Mirza Ghalib sung by Jagjit Singh for 3 hours and it’s getting on my nerves now. Another line which sounds familiar, although this links to something else and not related to the frustration.

“mohabbat mein nahin hai farq jeenay aur marnay ka
usi ko dekh kar jeetay hain, jis kaafir pe dam nikle”
(When in love, there is little difference between life and death…we live by looking at the one for whom we are willing to die)


No comments: